Health, Safety, Environment, Quality (HSEQ)
The long-term success of Assured Flow Solutions is driven by two key factors:
- Ability to deliver a quality and environmentally-responsible product to our clients
- Ability to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees
AFS recognizes the trust placed into our industry to be proactive and good stewards of the environment in developing our natural resources for our generation and that of generations to come. With a commitment from top management to continuous improvement in both of these areas, AFS priority at all times is the safety and well-being of our employees and our clients. AFS specifically works to the following goals:
- Ensure any employee traveling for work is properly made aware of any health-related risks for their destination country, including receiving the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) update on current conditions to maintain current immunizations to prevent illness.
- Actively promote a healthy work/life balance for our employees. Our employees are our #1 resource and we work to invest in their well-being, both in the office and at home in their personal / family lives.
- Zero Target for accidents, incidents and near-misses. Safety of our employees and our clients is paramount to anything we do.
- Adhere to 'Stop Work' policy, giving any AFS employee – at any level – the ability to cease all work-related activities in the event they find their safety, or the safety of anyone around then, may be compromised. Safety risks know no organizational boundary and AFS empowers any employee to take appropriate action to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure any employee traveling for work is properly made aware of any safety-related risks for their destination country, including current geo-political risk assessments for any country of business immediately prior to and during extend of business travel.
- Restrictions on mobile phone operation while in a motor vehicle, as well as other published policies within the AFS Employee Handbook.
- Ensure environmental risk assessments are included in AFS technical work products and any engineering recommendations in our work products.
- Reducing waste and auto emissions by adopting flexible work schedule for our employees.
- Ensure all employees have the necessary training to carry out their assigned work activities.
- Management review of all final deliverables, prior to submission to clients, allowing for appropriate level of due diligence in checking the technical validity of any work product.
- Adhere to US and local laws regarding ethical business conduct in the countries within which we operate or do business. Upper management and any impacted employee will undergo FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) training and any other applicable code-of-conduct courses to ensure adherence to applicable laws.
AFS holds all employees accountable for adherence to these tenants and works for continuously improving our corporate HSEQ performance.